Samsung Galaxy Reverb (Virgin Mobile) Reviews



Samsung Galaxy Reverb (Virgin Mobile) by Samsung. I used to be capable of get this phone at an incredible price simply after Thanksgiving -- nevertheless, I feel that, even at the regular retail price, it is a nice buy. In contrast with all your options for telephones from Virgin Mobile, that is in all probability your best option for ninety eight% (or extra) of users. I made the swap from a LG Optimus Slider, and I am loving (nearly) each minute of it! This phone is slim and light-weight, but still with a bit of substance to it -- so you may nonetheless notice you are holding onto something -- it simply won't weight you (or your pockets) down. I put my Samsung Galaxy Reverb into a made-to-fit "rubberized" case (while I bought the case elsewhere, I'm positive those being offered on amazon are identical). The case is (surprisingly) really not that "rubberized" of a texture, it's just not slick like polished plastic. I like uniform flatness the case offers to the bottom of the phone, and I particularly just like the rim ('spherical the edge) it gives on the front side. Anyway, on with the phone... Yes, the screen is not the biggest obtainable -- it is precisely 4" when measured diagonally. 

There are some other phones with bigger screens, but screen dimension is not everything. 4 inches is a pretty good enough size for me (especially when upgrading from the Optimus Slider's 3.2" screen), and it needs to be sufficient for the overwhelming majority of users out there. Any greater and you begin attending to the purpose of asking your self, "Is this speculated to be a cellphone or a tablet?" Besides, the display screen, with its high decision and brightness, is beautiful -- and incredibly touch responsive. Whereas the display screen is made using Gorilla Glass (many websites don't notice this fact, however I've come across sources that verify it), it nonetheless seems like glass. Be it however strong and crack resistant, there truly IS a technique to make it so your fingers slide across the screen with completely NO effort. In my hunt for an excellent high quality display protector, I got here across two that use an software course of that does NOT use static (like most inexpensive display screen protectors), as well as which can be minimize to suit the screen exactly (slightly than have a cut-out section, with corners, for across the earpiece and digital camera areas). 

They are from Skinomi and IQ Shield -- both true "display shields" quite than just "display screen protectors." Being that opinions for Skinomi display protectors (for different mannequin phones) tended to be much less-than-stellar, I selected IQ Shield. IQ Protect LIQuidSkin - Samsung Galaxy Reverb Screen Protector Extremely Clean Movie + Lifetime Alternative Warranty Pair this display defend with the Galaxy Reverb and you won't be disappointed. Android 4.zero ICS is really easy to make use of and to get used to. There are many extra customization and settings choices in contrast with previous versions of the OS. I like how they did away with the "search" button at the very bottom -- it seems just a little cleaner. I'm not really sure find out how to describe the rest of the OS, so I will just say, "Strive it, and I'm sure you'll like it!" I haven't heard anybody else point out this, but when I first was setting up my telephone, it instantly began downloading one thing called Cell ID. I am fairly certain that is Virgin Cellular's new version of their own proprietary app package. Proper after installing (which additionally was computerized) it changed just a few issues, including the home display and the icon layout. I didn't like this and was irritated. I attempted to find the app by title and uninstall it, however to no avail. So, since I would yet to add anything private to the phone, I did a Manufacturing facility Data Reset. But that simply took me around in a circle, leading again to having the Mobile ID package load again onto the phone. After a minute of playing around, nonetheless, I was in a position to get things again to the way I wanted them (still, although, without being able to uninstall the Cellular ID bundle). I just wish it were mentioned someplace (particularly on the Virgin Cellular web site) in order that I wasn't left confused and perplexed. 

 The specs do point out that this phone only has a single core, quite than dual-core (or extra) like the higher-finish phones. But to me it appears very fast, fluid, and fairly capable. I'm positive this cellphone will handle almost something most customers are going to throw at it. The only drawback I've run into up to now is that I generally have to faucet the display screen more than as soon as to get it to register my command. I'm undecided if this is a hardware or a software program challenge, and I am additionally not sure if this little downside is unique to me and my cellphone (since I haven't heard of others mentioning it). Anyway, it is actually not something to give a big criticism about. I am especially hesitant to detract from the options and usefulness of this telephone, given it is many highlights. I've but to play around with both of the cameras, so I cannot comment on that. Wi-fi works great, as expected. I used to be pleased to be able to set it up utilizing the WPS characteristic -- tremendous simple! I hoped that this phone would make an enormous leap in sign strength compared with my previous phone. 

There's a bit of a stronger connection, but nothing incredible. My house, in addition to my sister's, is just in a precise location where the cell towers don't reach very well. Messages are never missed. However, voice calls could be troublesome to connect to at occasions, and data connections, even 3G, are usually painfully slow. I don't discover it as much of a fault of the cellphone, though -- simply crappy network locations. Anyplace away from the home, especially on the road, is just fine. The GPS is kind of intuitive, by the way. You practically could not even require a person GPS unit, relying on your needs. After experiencing the ever-so-widespread lack of battery life with my previous Android telephone, I used to be very relieved to find that this phone's battery lasts for quite a ample amount of time (nonetheless, obviously, nowhere near the "rated" battery life --- I might wish to know who got here up with these rankings). I'd been so used to having to recharge my phone EVERY night, many instances earlier than the day was over, that I might given up on thinking there have been telephones that existed with much better battery life. Even earlier than I put in the Juice Defender app (highly really helpful for getting probably the most out of your battery) it was noticeable how properly this cellphone's battery preformed. Now I can go two full days (of sunshine cellphone usage) with out connecting the charger and the battery hasn't been fully depleted yet. By the best way, I especially love, and discover quite useful, the optionally available feature of the share indicator (positioned next to the battery icon). Do bear in mind, nonetheless, that I am not a heavy person, and everyone seems to be bound to have completely different results. I just thought this all was worth mentioning. So, the whole lot taken into consideration, I'm extremely pleased with my purchase of the Samsung Galaxy Reverb. Whereas not fairly high-of-the-line, however undoubtedly miles above backside-of-the-line, it's quite a feature-wealthy, reasonably priced phone, especially when paired with the Virgin Cell service. You possibly can go forward and do all of the research you want (which I encourage) however I am certain you may be pleased in the event you decide to land with this phone.

Samsung Galaxy Reverb (Virgin Mobile) 
Samsung
2.5 x 0.4 x 4.8 inches ; 4.5 ounces
Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment